To adopt a pet you must be a 'responsible' adult and show identification and a proof of your current address not older than 3 months. It is essential to bring a pet carrier to pick up a cat, and a collar and lead for a dog.
Adoption Fees (from Feb. 2018)
- Adult male: 120 euro’s (participation fee electronic identification, worming treatment, vaccination, testing FIV/HIV, neutering),
- Female: 150 euro’s (participation fee electronic identification, worming treatment, vaccination, spaying, testing FIV/HIV),
- Kitten: As for adult cats, with a voucher for sterilisation/castration when the kitten is 6months old.
- Male: 150 euro’s (identification, vaccination, worming treatment), or 220€ if castrated
- Female: 220 euro’s (identification, worming treatment, vaccination, spaying).
- Puppy: 250 euros ( identification, worming, vaccination, voucher for spaying if female)
Dogs of the second category, such as Rottweiler, require the rabies vaccination, so there’s an additional fee of 30 euro’s for the European passport.
By appointment there can be an English speaker at the premises to help you with the paperwork.